Silicon Valley Roundup for November 2017: a roundup of Bootstrapper Breakfasts and other events of interest and use for bootstrapping entrepreneurs.
Silicon Valley Roundup for November 2017: Events for Bootstrappers
Coming up Next: Fri-Nov-3 7:30am Bootstrapper Breakfast in Palo Alto it’s our regular roundtable format.
Sunnyvale Breakfast Tue-Nov-21 Cheryl Lynn Nelson: Bootstrapping a legal document workbook for 18 year olds
Cheryl Lynn Nelson is a certified paralegal, income tax advisor, Notary Public and a parent. Cheryl knew that most parents were completely unaware that their rights regarding his or her child’s medical decisions changed once the child turned 18 and that few resources available to help them navigate these changes. This led her to create Plan-18 (http://plan-18.com/). Cheryl will share lessons learned from bootstrapping the idea to execution of Plan 18, and balancing the demands of a day job with a startup. Join us Tue-Nov-21 7:30am Bootstrapper Breakfast in Sunnyvale
Sat-Nov-4 9:30am Peer Advisory / Mastermind Open House: Taking Stock of 2017 to Plan for 2018
If you enjoy the group problem solving aspect of the Bootstrapper Breakfasts where you can solicit multiple perspectives on challenges you face in your startup and help other entrepreneurs with theirs but would like to meet with the same small group each time then consider our open house this Saturday, November 4 at 9:30 in Sunnyvale. The format is a 30 minute orientation session with other first time attendees between 9:30am and 10am, followed by our regular Saturday mastermind meeting from 10am to Noon. This meetup will be most useful for entrepreneurs and change agents in technology or expertise enabled businesses. Join us Sat-Nov-4 9:30am Mastermind Open House in Sunnyvale. Bring your 2017 lessons learned and plans for 2018.
Fri-Nov-10 Free Friday Coworking Day: Sacred Space free use of any available FlexTables and common work areas during this single day, free access to high speed Internet via Wi-Fi, and free coffee/tea. 2490 Middlefield Rd., Palo Alto
Two Lunch Events (for those who find the Bootstrapper Breakfasts “too damn early” )
- Mon-Nov-13 11:30am New Consultant Roundtable in Sunnyvale I have blogged about the evolution of many bootstrapping team’s offering from service to system integration to product. If you are currently consulting while you develop a product check out this lunch. PATCA also has an interesting dinner event on Thu-Nov-9: How Consultants Can Avoid and Better Manage Invoicing and Collection Problems
- Thu-Nov-9 Noon Burritos and Startups in Los Altos An informal lunchtime conversation with other entrepreneurs around startup issues and finding cofounders. Order and pay at the counter and join us at the Silicon Valley Cofounder Academy table.
Mountain View is Third Friday this month and we also have our annual Thanksgiving Potluck in San Jose
- Fri-Nov-17 9am Bootstrapper Breakfast in Mountain View Note that this is the 3rd Friday this month only.
- Thu-Nov-23 2pm 4th Annual Thanksgiving 2017 Potluck for Bootstrappers Don’t have family to visit on Thanksgiving? Join us for Thanksgiving dinner. Bring drinks or your favorite dish to share. We are supplying the turkey and some sides and are looking forward to a Bootstrapper Thanksgiving!
Recaps from October Breakfasts
- Fri-Oct-27 in Mountain View: It was interesting to consider at the end of a wide ranging conversation how branding, managing commitments, and developing an MVP had connected in various ways. A summary is up on the Bootstrapper Breakfast blog at Recap Fri-Oct-27: Branding, Managing Commitments, Developing an MVP
- Tue-Oct-17 in Sunnyvale: Allen Hirashiki’s handout on “How To Keep Bootstrapping Team Together and Moving Forward” is up on the Bootstrapper Breakfast blog.
We are fortunate to have CJ Lipe of Adminologist.com as our coordinator for South Bay Bootstrapper Breakfasts, she provides contract administrative support for startups and executives, she can be reached at 510-410-5285
Sean Murphy http://www.skmurphy.com/ 408-252-9676
Recent Blog Post: Quotes for Entrepreneurs Collected in October 2017