I came across an interesting event in Kansas City November 15 on “How To Find Your First Customers” in the Silicon Prairie News site (which also has a Google Map of Midwest startups that’s worth a look).
- When: Nov. 15, 2011 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Where: Screenland Crown Center, 2450 Grand Blvd. Kansas City, MO 64108
- Cost: $20-$30 depending upon how early you purchase
- Bo Fishback, Founder & CEO, Zaarly
- Tyler Prochnow, Co-Founder, Think Big Partners
- Debra L. Ellies, Ph.D, CEO & President, OsteoGeneX Inc.
From Entrepreneurs Unpluggd website
Entrepreneurs Unpluggd shares entrepreneurs stories through intimate events, video interviews, and
engaging content. Hear actionable advice and insight from entrepreneurs who have been there, and will share their secrets regarding customer acquisition. The entrepreneurs speaking will answer “How Do I Get My First Customers?”with examples from their own experiences, including successful strategies and not so successful strategies
- TECHdotMN offers a similar roundup of events and profiles for Minnesota Startups
If you are aware of other good sites that cover startups outside of Silicon Valley please leave a comment, we are working on a roundup blog post.