SaaS Social Commerce Sales Executive: Entrepreneur and Founder—
Consultant Contractor Part Time
Compensation for this position is commission based on revenues, with founder’s stock options granted and vested to stock based on sales performance.
SharedGain® monetizes social networks by combining user-generated product recommendations (like Yelp and Bazaarvoice) with the trusted personal relationships of social networks (like Facebook and Twitter).
SharedGain rewards existing customers when they provide product or service recommendations to their social network friends. These recommendations are highly effective because social network contacts are more trusted and relevant than other forms of marketing communication.
The SharedGain TriBaton™ platform is fully cross-channel and channel-neutral. It includes key functional equivalents of affiliate marketing networks, email marketing systems and personal word of mouth recommendations—and adds a three-part portable component that transverses email, social network systems, IM/text, microblogs, mobile devices and other delivery mechanisms.
SharedGain provides an effective method for matching online merchants with consumers. We automate natural word of mouth by turning product related conversations into measurable branding actions.
The TriBaton™ Automated Word of Mouth™ platform adapts to social media marketing and social commerce, location-based check-in apps, sponsored word of mouth conversations and social/shared mobile coupons for effective national brand and merchant campaigns.
SharedGain marketing software extends brand/merchant market reach and sales lift and has completed engagements with paid clients and demonstrated new SaaS (software as a service—distinguished from on-premises installed software) offerings. SharedGain is an open, creative and collaborative culture.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SharedGain is looking for a talented SaaS Social Commerce Sales Executive with experience in selling to national brands and retailers headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Sales Executive will leverage SharedGain’s accomplishments to sell to clients that are visionary and early adopters, are willing to experiment with new product promotion technologies and want to influence the development of software features and attributes. The opportunity is part time to start.
The entrepreneurial Sales Executive will negotiate arrangements with clients to fund additional software development of SharedGain software functions for marketing campaigns specific to their business interests, including (a) brand building / awareness (display), (b) brand advocacy (recommendation), (c) brand referral (friend to friend hand-off), and (d) lead generation and sales (transaction). The commission-based Sales Executive will sell branding, promotional and lead-generation services, enabled by SharedGain’s TriBaton platform technology that works across email, IM, SMS, social networks and other social media.
To enable ongoing face-to-face meetings for selling and follow-on account management actions, the Social Commerce Sales Executive will reside in, and the target prospective customers will make purchase decisions in, the San Francisco Bay Area—San Francisco to Silicon Valley. Examples of companies headquartered in the Bay Area include The Gap, Gymboree, Williams-Sonoma, Ghiradelli, Wells-Fargo, Sephora, Charles Schwab, Esurance, Dolby Laboratories, Sega, Levi Strauss, Gymboree and Safeway. Other major online retailers and brands making decisions in the San Francisco and Silicon Valley areas are candidate clients, such as those in apparel, automotive, consumer electronics, computers, mobile devices, software, communications services, hotels and travel, food and beverage, health and fitness, entertainment and financial services.
SharedGain is looking for a Sales Executive with contacts at major Internet retailers or direct marketing/advertising agencies in the Bay Area that can be approached with this new, patented marketing service. The successful candidate will be flexible and organized with curiosity and desire to continually learn. SharedGain is a start-up business is seeking venture funding and is looking for a team member to generate the additional customer interest and bookings.
The SaaS Social Commerce Sales Executive position is part-time with founders’ stock option vesting on performance objectives and commission-based income. The Sales Executive will receive a significant portion of the initial set-up fee and ongoing fees paid by the early adopters of our software as a service (SaaS). The initial project is part time for three to six months. The Sales Executive will receive equity compensation for well-defined pre-pre revenue selling actions, such as producing letters-of-intent to purchase, statements from prospects that they are interested in the marketing service for SharedGain to use with the private equity investment community, and purchase orders.
Using your professional skills and connections you will leverage the unique, patented SharedGain software technology to gain entrée to senior executives for presentations to prospective clients, and occasionally to angel and venture capital investors. Digital marketing or advertising agency experience could contribute to your success.
The best opportunity will be for the Sales Executive familiar with the opportunities, risks and sometimes chaotic nature of startups who is in a career situation that allows them to invest a part-time and energetic effort. The outcome is not guaranteed, but potentially lucrative.
– Understand the marketing concepts and capabilities of existing TriBaton software and new designs.
– Make presentations to new clients, promoting customized Website content.
– Coordinate with the clients’ marketing and merchandising staff to find and enable the key champion.
– Generate signed letters-of-intent with follow-up purchase orders to use the TriBaton service leading to commissionable sales based on campaign set-up fees and ongoing revenue.
– Develop sales opportunities through calls, onsite meetings, negotiations, strategic account planning and updating SharedGain executives on progress.
The successful candidate will have:
– Consultative software sales experience, including pursuing sales where there are few reference accounts.
– Knowledge of marketing campaigns implemented in a market sectors producing new consumer sales online.
– Ability to explain the value proposition of using existing customer satisfaction to increase reach and lift at the VP, GM and CXO levels.
– First hand and/or professional knowledge of online social networks.
– Experience in consumer and/or direct marketing, or lead-generation systems.
– A craving for challenge and the pursuit of new customers in dynamic, evolving market segments.
– Skill to convince the client’s IT personnel to OK minimal but necessary system integration points.
Experience in the following areas is a plus:
– Systems that collect and present product recommendations and reviews by consumers.
– Web 2.0 technologies and social media.
– Competitive and market knowledge in the online product reviews/recommendations/referrals space.
– Digital/online media agency experience.
– Working in a start-up environment.
– Driving the sales process from start to finish.
– Confidence in selling an experimental offering with expected high ROI.
This is a contractor position, with mostly equity compensation, except for sales commission based on revenues received from customers. Bonus pay for achieving certain results. When our funding is granted, full monetary compensation will become available. We are angel funded and have completed work with two pilot customers.
Success on the job will lead to eligibility to join the team as a founder and principal.
Reply to howard@SharedGain.com with your resume, or answer the screening question “What software products have you sold to a customer willing to test leading edge marketing, merchandising or lead-gen systems?”