“A happy woman is one who has no cares at all; a cheerful woman is one who has cares but doesn’t let them get her down.”
Optimists (and optimistic bootstrappers)
- Are seldom surprised by trouble.
- Look for partial solutions.
- Believe they have control over their futures.
- Allow for regular renewal.
- Interrupt their negative train of thought.
- Heighten their powers of appreciation.
- Use their imagination to rehearse success.
- Are cheerful even when they can’t be happy.
- Believe they have an almost unlimited capacity for stretching.
- Build lots of love into their lives.
- Like to swap good news.
- Accept what cannot be changed.
“Twelve Characteristics of Tough-Minded Optimists” from Alan Loy McGinnis’ “The Power of Optimism“