Attendees of the Bootstrapper Breakfast qualify for O’Reilly User Group discounts, which means you can save 40% on Eric Ries‘ “The Lean Startup” workshop by signing up at http://theleanstartupjune.eventbrite.com/ (please contact us for the special offer code).
This will bring the price of the one day workshop down to $1200 (from $2000, neither are exactly bootstrapper friendly prices but Eric’s visit to the February 6th Bootstrapper Breakfast–documented in “Eric Ries Stresses Value of Metrics and Continual Experimentation“–was very well received.
Eric also announced a scholarship program today: E-mail him an explanation of why you want to be there and he “will provide extremely discounted pricing for entrepreneurs who demonstrate that they would contribute positively to the discussion in the room…not for people who are casually interested.”
Some key topics addressed in the workshop
- How to scorecard the health of your startup
- How to radically improve cycle time — from ideas to implementation to assessment — and focus on the cycle times that matter.
- How to build actionable metrics (and how to ignore vanity metrics).
- Techniques to mitigate the biggest risk for startups: that no customers will buy its products.
- Continuously discover what customers want to buy before building or making follow-on investments in new features.
- Ship products as fast as multiple times a day while improving quality and lowering costs.
- Build a company-wide culture of decision-making based on real facts, not opinion.