Here is our roundup of Silicon Valley events in February 2018 for bootstrappers: Developer Week in San Francisco, three bootstrapper breakfasts, Startups & Interns: Will Work for Equity Networking, and What the 2018 Tax Reform Means for Consultants.
Silicon Valley Roundup of Events in February 2018 for Bootstrappers
Register before 11:59 pm Jan-31 at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/developerweek-2018-tickets-36162005532?discount=MU2138 (Promotional code MU2138).
We are back to our regular roundtable format in February
- Fri-Feb-2 7:30am Bootstrapper Breakfast at Hobees in Palo Alto
- Tue-Feb-20 7:30am Bootstrapper Breakfast at Specialty’s in Sunnyvale
- Fri-Feb-23 9am Bootstrapper Breakfast at Red Rock in Mountain View
Thu-Feb-8 6pm What the 2018 Tax Reform Means for Consultants
- Roundtable Pizza 1220 Oakmead Parkway, Sunnyvale, CA
- The 2018 tax reform is the most significant change to the tax code in over 30 years. When you file your 2018 tax returns — about a year from now — your tax return will look very different. And because most changes don’t happen until then, we have some time to learn about the changes and plan for next year.
- Register https://www.meetup.com/Professional-Technical-Consultants-Association-PATCA/events/246953024/
March 27 7pm Startups & Interns: Will Work for Equity Networking
- TechCode Incubator 1172 Castro, Mtn View, CA
- A special networking event where startups can meet students who are looking for internships.
- Register: https://www.meetup.com/silicon-valley-cofounder-academy/events/246971309/
Bootstrapper Breakfast Theme for March: Grow Your Network Even If You Are an Introvert
In addition to our regular roundtable there will be a 15 minute exercise led by Theresa Shafer to help grow your network. For Theresa as well as other introverts networking is hard, yet networking is crucial for your business and career advancement. Theresa does NOT want to walk into large crowded places and talk to strangers for extended periods of time, so we will discuss some practical ways to grow your network that is doable for introverts.
We are fortunate to have CJ Lipe of Adminologist.com as our coordinator for South Bay Bootstrapper Breakfasts, she provides contract administrative support for startups and executives, she can be reached at 510-410-5285
Sean Murphy, SKMurphy, Inc.
Recent Blog Post: Ten from Safia Abdalla’s ‘Things I Learned in 2017′”