A Roundup of Events for Bootstrappers in Feb-Mar 2017
Wed-Feb-1 at Split Bread in San Francisco: Steven Kim Offers a Briefing on “Deep Work for Bootstrappers: How To Double Your Productivity”
Steven Kim, our featured attendee, is profiled in “Founder Story: Steven Kim of edify.me.” He will discuss how he applied lessons from Cal Newport’s best-selling book, “Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in A Distracted World,” to double his work productivity while bootstrapping his startup. Topics will include:
- Two types of deep work (bimodal vs. rhythmic deep work), the pros and cons of each, and which is better suited for bootstrappers
- Tips to improve deep work habits to maximize productivity
- Tools to manage work environment and Internet distractions
Edify.me publishes of in-depth chapter-by-chapter summaries of “must-read” books in the categories of business, entrepreneurship and personal improvement. You can find summaries of books for entrepreneurs at edify.me, including a summary of Deep Work.
After Steven’s briefing we will have our regular roundtable discussion format and you will have a chance to compare notes on operational, development, and business issues with peer entrepreneurs.
Fri-Feb-3 at Hobees in Palo Alto What, You Don’t Have Your 2017 Goals Set Yet? Join Us For Gentle Encouragement
Do you have your goals set for 2017? Are you making progress on them?
If you know our breakfasts, there will be different perspectives on any issues you want to put on the table and you’ll get the support from those of us in the same position. Starting something new, growing a business, getting stuck… we’ve been there and can help one another.
Other Upcoming Events for Bootstrappers in February and March
- Tue-Feb-9 PATCA Dinner Aaron Joseph on Accelerating Medical Device Development with Lean and Agile Methods Aaron is a regular attendee at the South Bay Bootstrapper Breakfasts and is signed up for what promises to be an informative briefing.
- Sat-Feb-11 SKMurphy Workshop in Sunnyvale Getting More Customers
- Tue-Feb-21 at Specialty’s in Sunnyvale: Featured Attendee Liz Fraley on Building Single-Sourcing as an Expertise-Enabled Business
- Tue-Feb-21 Silicon Valley Cofounder Academy event at Hacker Dojo: Will Work For Equity Networking. A very different kind of find a cofounder event that features facilitated small group discussion in tables of 6-8 where you take part in three different small groups as well as open networking afterward. We put one team together when we did this in October and hope to put a few more together as a result of this event.
- Fri-Feb-24 at Red Rock in Mtn View: Featured Attendee Josh Anderson: Bootstrapping FreeDNS Since 2001
- Wed-Mar-1 at Split Bread in San Francisco Our Regular Roundtable
- Thu-Mar-2 Silicon Valley Cofounder Academy event at Hacker Dojo: Artificial Intelligence Startups This is a “Show and Tell” where you can demo what you are working on. Please contact me if you would like to give a short demo of what you are working on.
- Fri-Mar-3 at Hobees in Palo Alto Our Regular Roundtable
- Tue-Mar-21 at Specialty’s in Sunnyvale: Our Regular Roundtable
- Fri-Mar-24 at Red Rock in Mountain View: Our Regular Roundtable
We are always looking to feature regular attendees: if you would like to give a ten to twelve minute briefing on lessons learned bootstrapping your startup please contact me. Here are are few recent briefings:
- Elena Krasnoperova on “Seven Learning Hacks for Bootstrappers“
- Chuck Hattemer on “Bootstrapping OneRent: Scaling in Chaos“
- David Saxby on “8 Things You Should Think About (A Lot) Before You Start a Company.”
Please feel free to e-mail or call me if you have any questions.
Sean Murphy www.skmurphy.com 408-252-9676
Recent Posts: What We Are Up to in 2017 / “Getting More Customers” Sat-Feb-11