Kickstarter Video Campaign Essentials
Step 1 – Know What You’re Getting Yourself Into
- Familiarize yourself with crowd funding trends and success stories
- Understand the basics of a Kickstarter page, and the differences, limitations and guidelines of each
- Be prepared to put in some serious marketing efforts on your own (Social networking & word-of-
Step 2 – Develop and Tell Your Story
- Don’t just ask for money. Inspire people to join your cause. Crowd funding isn’t a new platform
- Humanize yourself
- Don’t be afraid to tell your story. If you aren’t confident your story is a powerful
Step 3 – Start Spreading the Word
- It’s never too early to announce your campaign to your friends and family. You don’t need to divulge
- Blogs, Facebook posts, Tweets, and any other forms of media are a great way to start making people
Step 4 – Shoot a Powerful Video
- A video is not only entirely necessary, it has to stand out.
- Convey your story in a short, concise, personal, and emotional way.
- The message of “why” people should help you/your business must be conveyed.
Step 5 – Have Something to Show, and Something to Give
- If you are Kickstarting an app, the video has to show it in action. If you are Kickstarting a short film, the video needs to include a sneak peek.
- Consider pledge incentives to be essential. It is most beneficial to have the incentives figured out prior to shooting your video, as well as incorporating them into the shoot.
- People can tell when a campaign is heartless. Make it worth their while by either providing an actual product to them, or something of (related) value. (No iPad giveaways for your cookware startup)
Step 6 – Set a Realistic Goal
- Test the waters with your campaign, and set the bar low. Don’t set your goal at a million dollars–it won’t be funded.
- Your campaign will run for the same amount of time regardless of funding amount. If it’s a great project, you’ll be overfunded regardless.
- Believe in your cause, and have a backup plan.
For more information contact: email@example.com / Mobile: (408) 728-1001