The Office for Technology Commercialization invites you to learn more about emerging software technologies and startup opportunities from the University of Minnesota. Don’t miss a presentation from special guest, University of Minnesota Computer Science Professor, John Riedl, entitled “Motivating Active Participation in Social Media Networks.”
The showcase will feature technologies including:
- Driver Assistive System: a portfolio of technologies that provide vehicle navigation assistance in low visibility conditions.
- High Precision Vehicle Navigation: a navigation system utilizing inexpensive inertial and image sensors for precise position and orientation in GPS-denied scenarios, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Autonomous Vehicles.
- Evacuation Route Planning Software: identifies and highlights the most efficient set of routes to minimize the transit time for emergency evacuations and large event traffic dispersions.
Medical Education & Simulation
- Novel curricula and simulation models to drive healthcare education from surgery to patient education.
- A system and method for virtual prototyping, design, verification, and manufacture of medical devices.
Technology in Education
- Two computer-based assessment technologies that provide educators with screening, progress monitoring and skills analysis tools for elementary education.
Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
University Enterprise Laboratories
Dorsey Ewald Conference Center, Atrium
1000 Westgate Drive, St. Paul, MN 55114
Register by January 12, seating is limited to 100 attendees.
RSVP here or call 612.624.0550