Finding partners and co-founders is a very hard problem. We don’t know of a single type of event or match making that works well by itself. Especially if you don’t know the other people, we suggest you start slow, work together on a small project and increase the level of mutual disclosure and commitment over time.
We are always on the hunt for looking for good events to help match up co-founders. Here’s a list of ones we know about. Order is alphabetical.
- Business Partners http://www.businesspartners.com/
- Co-Founder Meetup http://www.meetup.com/Co-Founders-Wanted-Meetup/ at Hacker Dojo
- Founder Dating: http://founderdating.com/
- Job Nob: http://www.jobnob.com/
- KoFounder http://www.kofounder.com/
- LavaPeople http://www.lavapeople.com/
- Partner Up http://www.partnerup.com/
- Startup Hire: http://www.startuphire.com/
- Startup Square http://www.startupsquare.com/
- Startup Weekend: http://startupweekend.org/
- TechCoFounder http://techcofounder.com/
Please let us know if we have overlooked any that are worthwhile.